Overview: Rosemark is able to automatically send "push notifications" to any active user of our Caregiver Mobile App (CMA) on their smart-phone. This feature works for iPhone and Android devices.
A “push notification” is a term for a message or alert that is sent out of Rosemark to a user of the CMA.
It is similar to a text message, except that the message is sent directly to the user’s phone as a notification on their home screen. The message will show up on the user’s home screen even if the CMA is not running.
The notification will remain in the phone’s list of notifications, until it is “dismissed,” by tapping or swiping it.
When the notification is opened (usually by tapping on the notification), the CMA will open up on the phone to the sign-in page (unless the user is already signed in, in which case it will take them to whichever page they have open). If a user swipes, cancels, or clears the notification, it is permanently dismissed (removed from the list).
- Examples of a push notifications can be seen below:
These type of notifications can be sent for each of the following events:
Not clocking in for a shift:
Not clocking out of a shift
Active Shift Offers
Broadcast Messages / Agency Announcements
Shift Reminders (Sent out based on Agency Configurations)
See the section below about how to configure your database for the following Push Notifications.
1. No Show or Overstay Notifications
- To enable the sending of No Show or Overstay push notifications, go to the Telephony/Electronic Visit Verification window (File > Configuration > Telephony/Electronic Visit Verification), and check the boxes for which notifications you want your caregivers or employees to receive. (Caregiver No show, or Caregiver Overstay notifications). See our page on "EVV Notifications".
2. Shift Reminder Notifications
- To enable push notifications for Shift Reminders, go to the Agency configuration window (File > Configuration > Agency and check the “Enabled.” box and set the time for when you want the reminder to go out!). See our page on enabling Shift Reminders!
3. Shift Offer Notification
- No special configuration is needed to enable push notifications for Shift Offers, however notifications are only sent out when the option of "Offer and Send Message For Shift" is chosen out of the planner. See how to do this here.
4. Agency / Broadcast Announcements
- Announcements are sent as push notifications by default and requires no special configuration!
- See our section on how to send Broadcast messages.
- Push Notifications are only sent to caregivers who have the status of Active in your Rosemark database.
- Notifications are not sent to caregivers who have the status of applicant, inquiry, quit, discharged, or closed.
- A user of the CMA can change their notification preferences at any time without alerting the agency.
- Notifications can only be received on a phone if the CMA is installed.
- Notifications are Enabled / Disabled on two levels
1. On the Rosemark / CMA level.
2. On the phone configuration level.