Rosemark provides tools for mapping that allow you to quickly pull up a map of a Client or Caregiver's location. This is especially helpful when you want to determine how far a Caregiver is from a Client when deciding who to assign to the shift.
Note: Rosemark uses Google Maps™ and MapQuest in different areas of Mapping. If your mapping appears inaccurate, try using Custom Coordinates.
- Every individual in the system (Client, Caregiver, Customer or other Person) has a Map button next to their address. (note: address must be complete for the mapping feature to work)
Figure: Map button on a Client's Info tab
- When you click the Map button, Google™ Maps will open in your default web browser, displaying a map of the address and surrounding area.
- You can then zoom and pan, or get directions from another location, find nearby businesses, etc.
Map Caregiver to Client
- On a Planner, you can quickly get maps and directions between any Caregiver and any Client they have a Shift for.
- Right-click on any Shift on the Caregiver's line; the menu will include the option to Map from caregiver to client.
- When you choose this option, Google™ Maps will open in your default web browser, displaying a map that includes both addresses, along with the distance, directions and a route between the two addresses.
Figure: Mapping between a Caregiver and a Client
- Occasionally, you may find that Google™ Maps will open, but it can't decipher the address that is entered.
- In most cases, it's not too hard to figure out where the problem is and correct it. You always have the option of either correcting it in Rosemark or simply changing the entry right there in Google™ Maps, if it's a change that you don't want to remain.
- For example, a "Care Of" in one of the address lines could trip up Google™, but it may be something you want to keep.
- If you ever run into a problem that you can't figure out, just give us a call, we'll help you sort it out! 734-662-3537
Mapping on the Web App
- From the web app you can also map caregivers to clients as well as map all of your clients or caregivers. See Mapping on the Web for more info.