- To view a more in-depth report about Caregiver activity, you can create a Payroll report. This gives you the detail about hours worked, rates and totals, overtime and travel time to be paid, as well as mileage and expenses to be reimbursed.
- To get started, click on Reports, Payroll. This first screen lets you choose the payroll period you want to see and the level of detail you want in the report.
- The 'Summary' option includes total shift hours, mileage, and miscellaneous expense information for each caregiver.
- The 'Detailed' option includes all the information from the 'Summary' option, plus individual shift information for each caregiver, including shift hours, rates, and service types.
Figure: Choosing the period for the Payroll Report
- To view the report, click on the Preview in Word button, or simply click on Print to print it directly.
Including Unverified Shifts in the Payroll Report
- By default, this report only looks at Verified Shifts for the period. If you would like to expand this to include all assigned Shifts (status of Assigned OR Verified Complete), check the box to Include unverified shifts.
- When you do, the highlighted column of statistics for the report will change to the Assigned column.
- The Payable Shifts Reports shows you all the shifts—by caregiver—that are ready to be processed.
- The window in which you select the range of shifts you want the report for and what you want to do with the report (pictured below) also includes useful statistical information for the selected date range, including the number of shifts, total shift hours, and total dollar amounts (based on Pay Rates) for all the payable, unpayable, unverified, and paid shifts, plus the grand totals.
- You can also click on the buttons to the left of each row of statistical information to bring up a shift list of all the shifts corresponding to that row. For instance, if you click the "Unverified" button, Rosemark will instantly pull up a Shift List of all your unverified shifts for the chosen date range. From here you can select individual shifts to see the full details about them.
Figure: Payable Shifts Report screen
- To create a Payable Shifts Report, go to the Reports menu and click on Payable Shifts.., which will take you to the date selection screen mentioned above.
- On this screen, you will first want to select a date range by using the calendar or the date range options to the left of the calendar.
- Once you have selected the desired date range, you can click Print to print the report, or Preview in Word to open the report as a Word document.
- The format of the Payable Shifts Report is identical to that of the Detailed Payroll Report. The only difference between the two reports is:
- The Payroll Report includes all Verified shift information for each caregiver, whether it's been paid already or not
- The Payable Shifts Report only includes shifts that are verified but have not yet been paid.
To view only one caregiver's payroll information per page instead of putting as many as will fit on each page, check the One caregiver per page checkbox located bellow the date selection options.
Payroll Service Export
- You also have the option of exporting your report to a file that you can submit directly to your Payroll Service provider.
- Click on the Export button to the right of the statistics table. In the example shown below, the button says "Basic Export", which produces a non-payroll-service-specific ".csv" file. This button can be changed to export to any of the 4 payroll services that Rosemark interfaces with (PayChoice, Paychex, ADP, and ACCPAC). Which type of export this button performs can be changed in the Payroll Export configuration screen.
- Right next to the export button, you will find a button that allows you to "Mark Shifts Paid" for the verified shifts in the period you have selected.
- This frees you from having to verify all the shifts in a period before paying any of them. By marking the paid shifts as paid, you can verify the remaining shifts in that period at a later date without having to worry about confusing them with the verified shifts that you already paid.
- When you click the "Mark Shifts as Paid" button, Rosemark will bring up a small report on the shifts that are about to be marked as paid before actually marking them as paid.
- This report (pictured below) shows the number of shifts, total shift hours, and total dollar amount for the shifts that will be marked as paid. It also shows the same information for the shifts that will not be marked as paid, and below these statistics, Rosemark lists and explains the reason for any errors that will prevent particular shifts from being marked as paid.
Figure: Mark Shifts as Paid Report
- Once you have reviewed all this information, just click the "Mark Shifts as Paid" button below the shift errors list to complete the operation.
**Note: Once the shifts are marked as "paid", this CANNOT BE UNDONE. For that reason, we've made it necessary to call us to activate this feature: (734) 662-3537. That way we can discuss it with you and be sure that you understand the ramifications before proceeding.**